Saturday, November 7, 2009

Snip Snip, Snip Snip


I’ve been cutting Conrad’s hair for six years now; and I really think it’s time I learn how to cut hair. While we were dating I half-watched his mom cut his hair: I made a mental note- Pull it up there, snip it off there. Got it. But there is obviously more to it. Every time I cut his hair I think, “oh crap - oh crap - oh crap.” Of course I never tell him this, and in the end it usually works out. Either way, he wears a hat everywhere he goes and he’s not picky about his hair. Tonight as I hacked away at the long top growth, he was anxious to get back to what he was doing. He kept asking me if I was done yet, like an antsy kid. But I was no where near hacking through that jungle.


It’s a well-known fact that Conrad’s hair is its own stand up comedian. His family always makes fun of it. When he wakes up you know he’s been switching sides all night long because his hair is standing up five inches. Straight up in one cohesive chunk. Like a stegosaurus. Every time I cut his hair I leave the top alone because I don’t really know how to cut it. This means the top gets longer every day until it takes on a life of its own and I have to shave it down for my lack of skill to know how to do anything else. So I shaved it down to an inch and a half. Ta-daa. He hasn’t showered yet because he’s playing WOW with his Bro-mance, Glenn.

Now we just need to shave the neck part.

No comments: